Everything tastes better on a stick they say. Check out my super simple, very healthy frozen chocolate banana recipe and it’s on a stick!
I love bananas and I like chocolate. What about if we combine the two, add some superfood toppings, and put it on a stick? Genius? Maybe not genius but it sure is delicious! Your kids and party guests will also love this sweet treat.
This recipe uses the superfoods of cacao powder, cacao nibs, and goji berries. Raw cacao can have a slightly bitter taste (it’s not like a Hershey bar) so you may want to play with the amount of stevia you use to make sure it comes out sweet. Over time I’ve found that I like the raw cacao close to direct from the bag but the recipe below is for someone just starting out with raw cacao and stevia.
Here is some interesting info about goji berries (source)…Goji berries contain natural anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal compounds. Their powerful antioxidant properties and polysaccharides help to boost the immune system. In traditional Chinese medicine, the goji is said to act on the Kidney and Liver meridians to help with lower back pain, dizziness, and eyesight. There appear to be some issues with diabetic people eating goji berries so please make sure you do your own research and/or speak with your doctor before eating them. You can just make the cacao nibs-covered versions as well.
Healthy Chocolate Banana on a Stick Recipe
- 3 bananas
- 2-3 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 1-2 droppers of liquid stevia
- 3 ounces water
- a handful of raw cacao nibs
- a handful of raw goji berries
- place stick into 2 bananas and place in freezer until soft frozen
- place other banana, cacao powder, stevia, and water into a blender and blend until creamy – you want the chocolate sauce to be thick like Hershey’s syrup
- dunk frozen banana into chocolate sauce
- top with cacao nibs and/or goji berries