Morning Iced Coffee Date: Chicago Edition

Morning Iced Coffee Date: Chicago Edition

Good morning and a happy, happy, HAPPY National Coffee Day to you! I hope you’re celebrating appropriately!

My first iced coffee date was a big hit with you guys, so I thought it might be fun to include it as a regular feature on CNC. I really love hearing from you guys and hope you’ll chime in again this week! ?

iced-coffee-date-2

So, I was in Chicago earlier this week for an event with Star Market to learn more about their organic line, O Organics. It was a great event (recap coming soon), and I’m so happy that I had the opportunity to work with the brand again. (You guys might remember the trip where I met Tiffani Thiessan, the brand’s spokesperson for their Signature line. So cool.) Anyway, I arrived in Chicago with a few hours to spare before the event kicked off, so I took advantage of the beautiful weather and ran along the lakefront.

If we were drinking (iced) coffee together this morning, I would tell you that it was awesome. Like, truly awesome. Like, I haven’t been that happy on a run in awhile. The scenery was, of course, incredible, but I felt really good. Light on my feet. No heavy legs. Didn’t feel like dying. #runhappy for sure.

img_1782-1280x1280

But what made my run so enjoyable (I think) was the music. I found a new Pandora station, Country Fitness Radio, and I really like it. Although, I’m kind of embarrassed admitting it. I’m SO not a country person. (Or so I thought?) But, recently, I started to kind of like it. Not the sappy, depressing stuff, but the “I want to party and have fun” kind because it reminds me of summer and good times, good friends, and the whole bit. I guess I just have a lot of positive associations with “pop country” music, so it pumps me up and makes me happy when I’m running. (P.S. I haven’t even told Mal about my new love for country music because I’m still kind of embarrassed about it! Ha!)

Moving on…

Ok, this is more for the locals/anyone who flies out of Logan, but if you fly United, there’s an incredible cafe/food station called the Berkshire Farms Market at the very end of the terminal. It had SO MANY delicious and healthy options, I just had to tell you guys about it. I ended up getting a Kale and Sweet Potato Salad with quinoa and then buying some grilled chicken breast for some added protein (loved having this optoin). It was epic and probably the best meal I’ve ever had from an airport!

img_1688-1280x1280

I enjoyed one of these Super Gooey Peanut Butter Chocolate Drops at the O Organics event and, to my surprise, they were gluten-free and made with chickpeas! They were so yum, and I totally couldn’t taste the chickpeas!

img_1920-1280x1280

Some “rumors” I heard while in Chicago (please confirm or deny, if possible):

Any size pumpkin at Trader Joe’s costs $4.99. I’m all over this if it’s true! We need pumpkins!

Swedish Fish Oreos are a thing? What? WHAT. I heard mixed reviews about them, but, really, the people at Nabisco have lost their minds. I don’t understand that flavor combo. Are they any good??

TSA Pre-Check only costs $85 and is valid for 5 years? Again, what? And WHY haven’t I done this?!

The end.

32 Comments

1. Taste of France

Taste of France

September 29, 2016 at 2:24 am
    Reply I like to listen to podcasts while I run. Something interesting–news, economics, culture.

2. MelSeptember 29, 2016 at 4:56 am
    Reply Not sure what’s so embarrassing about liking country music, there are tons of great songs and artists. I for one love it, know a lot of people that do and none of us are embarrassed.
    On another note, thanks for the station recommendation, I’ll listen proudly.

3. Allison Keskimaki

MelSeptember 29, 2016 at 4:56 am
    On another note, thanks for the station recommendation, I’ll listen proudly.

4. Tina

September 29, 2016 at 7:22 am
    Reply Glad my recommendation was helpful! ????

5. Allison Keskimaki

September 29, 2016 at 10:53 am
    Reply @Mel: Agree! There’s this perception about country music that it’s all sad songs or it’s not “cool” to like country music. I love it, too! Old stuff, new stuff, all the stuff! ????

6. ReenieSeptember 29, 2016 at 12:56 pm
    @Allison Keskimaki: I agree too! Nothing to be embarrassed about listening to Country Music. Although, I don’t like most of the new country …. I listen to the oldies station ~ 100.5 or 107.9.

7. Megan @ Skinny Fitalicious

Brynn

September 29, 2016 at 6:29 am
    Reply Just looking at the view for your run makes me happy. While I am not a huge runner, I do love the feeling of an amazing run!

8. Danielle

September 29, 2016 at 7:21 am
    Reply Okay I feel the same EXACT way about country music so… maybe I’ll have to give that radio station a try?
    There is honestly nothing like a good run with beautiful scenery.
    Also, those cookies look amazing. There’s gotta be a diy on the internet for them somewhere!

9. KarenSeptember 29, 2016 at 7:36 am
    Reply I have seen the Swedish fish Oreos!! I didn’t try them, but they are out there!! So, if we had a coffee date, I would ask for more info about how things go keeping your little guy at home most of the week. I am struggling with the daycare we use and it is so difficult to get into another one. The wait lists have hundreds of kids on them! Thanks for the coffee date posts!

10. Tina

September 29, 2016 at 8:44 am
    Reply Qman actually goes to daycare 3 days a week, so he’s only home with me on Mondays and Fridays. He has EI on Monday morning and then we run errands/go on adventures before and/or after nap time. We usually go to CrossFit on Friday morning, get coffee donuts/stop by the playground on the way home, and then play outside/walk Murphy/more adventures in the afternoon. We both like being out and about, so we’re always planning something into our days together, even if it’s just riding the mechanical cars at the mall! ????

11. Megan @ Skinny Fitalicious

September 29, 2016 at 7:38 am
    Reply I make a lot of thing chickpeas: donuts, cookies and brownies. Light you can’t taste them in anything. BUT you have to use real chickpeas and not chickpea flour. That stuff has a funny after taste.

12. KarenSeptember 29, 2016 at 7:39 am
    Reply Oh!!! Did you see the article about hoe they think they have isolated the bacteria that causes colitis? If not, check it out!!

13. Tina

September 29, 2016 at 8:20 am
    Reply I heard about the one for Crohn’s, but not UC. Do you happen to have the link? I didn’t realize it was for both diseases!

14. KarenSeptember 29, 2016 at 9:44 am
    You are right. I am so sorry about the false information. I read the article and got ahead of myself. Hopefully the new information will transfer.

15. Tina

September 29, 2016 at 10:14 am
    No worries! Me too!

16. [email protected]

SusanSeptember 29, 2016 at 7:42 am
    Reply Trader Joe’s pumpkins in Burlington, MA are 3.99! Huge and beautifully shaped. Got one just this past weekend while there. And 69 cent gourds!

17. Ellen @ My Uncommon Everyday

AmandaSeptember 29, 2016 at 7:54 am
    Reply Ooh I know what Pandora station I’m listening to today! And I can CONFIRM the TSA precheck rumor – actually just got it a month ago and I have no idea why I waited so long! It was tough to get an appointment to go in for fingerprints but the appointment itself was super easy! Doooo itttt!

18. Kelli @ Hungry Hobby

Jamie

September 29, 2016 at 7:58 am
    Reply TSA Pre-check… confirmed! My boyfriend and I have it, and it’s kind of the best thing ever. We get through airport security in 2 seconds, AND don’t have to take off our shoes and all that jazz. It’s sooooo worth it, and I’m not sure why everyone doesn’t do it! Especially if you fly more than like.. once a year! ????

19. Lindsay @ A Runnaroundd Life

KristenSeptember 29, 2016 at 11:03 am
    Reply @Jamie:
    Instead of TSA Pre-Check, I recommend going for Global Entry. It costs $100 for 5 years, and you get both TSA-pre and a special line for going through customs when coming back into the US that is much faster.

20. JessicaSeptember 29, 2016 at 5:24 pm
    @Kristen: Totally agreed!! I wish I had known about the Global Entry when I got TSA Pre-Check. I love having pre-check, not next month I’m traveling internationally a few times and already dreading customs. That being said, pre-check is the best thing I have EVER done for myself.

21. Sarah @ BucketListTummy

MarrenSeptember 29, 2016 at 7:59 am
    Reply I signed up for TSA pre check early this summer and it’s changed my life ???? Keeping shoes on and leaving everything in my bag, yes please.

22. ChristineSeptember 29, 2016 at 8:03 am
    Reply True about Trader Joe’s pumpkins, I was there last week! I believe Hannafords has something similar too, any size pumpkin for a set price!
    And I saw the swedish fish oreos and cringed! I wouldn’t even think to combine regular swedish fish and chocolate chips in my mouth so I can’t imagine the cookie would be any good? eek
    Glad you had an amazing run, I LOVE when that happens (its like the running stars align)! Definitely makes up for the not so great runs!

23. ChristineSeptember 29, 2016 at 8:03 am

24. ChristineSeptember 29, 2016 at 8:03 am

25. TraciSeptember 29, 2016 at 8:22 am
    Reply Pretty scenery for a run! I’m not a huge runner, but something about fall makes me want to run. Must do that this weekend.
    I’m pretty sure that’s true about TJ pumpkins. I shop there every week for our food for the week and remember thinking they had a great deal. If you need mums, though, go to Whole Foods. They were only 3/$12 last weekend there.
    I think Oreos have finally gone too far with Swedish fish oreos.

26. Gianna @ Run, Lift, Repeat

TraciSeptember 29, 2016 at 8:22 am
    I think Oreos have finally gone too far with Swedish fish oreos.

27. TraciSeptember 29, 2016 at 8:22 am
    I think Oreos have finally gone too far with Swedish fish oreos.

28. Tina

September 29, 2016 at 8:38 am
    Reply I think that’s the best way to explain the Oreo thing!

29. Victoria @ Minus Thirty Three

ColleenSeptember 29, 2016 at 8:28 am
    Reply I have my alarm set to radio and a country music station….its the only music that doesn’t shock me awake. And who doesn’t want to wake up to someone singing about drinking and having a good time! lol!
    So yeah, I imagine its fun to run to too!

30. Michelle Lahey

Tina

September 29, 2016 at 8:37 am
    Reply Haha! So true! ????

31. Chelsea @ Chelsea Eats Treats

TracySeptember 29, 2016 at 8:31 am
    Reply Rumors:
    1. Idk
    2. Yes and yuck
    3. Yes and best money spent ever and since I got it family goes with you in fast line!!

32. Krista @ Gringita

Tina

September 29, 2016 at 8:38 am
    Reply We totally need to do the TSA pre-check!!